Monday, November 08, 2004

old habits die hard

given how much i write, i can't believe i've only now just started a blog... but hey, when has my timing ever made sense, right? here i am, exploring blogspot and playing with the settings like a little kid would a new toy... when in 4 hours, i have a class in which my take-home midterm is due. yes, MIDTERM. on top of the weekly quiz assignment. have i finished the quiz? no. have i finished the midterm? no. have i even OPENED the midterm package to start it? no. will i be going to class tonight? i dunno. will they accept my midterm after tonight? who knows. do i have a reason for falling behind? not really (unless excuses count... i have lots of those).

question of the day: WHY AM I LIKE THIS?!

i really don't understand myself. i'm done school, i have no full-time job, i have all the time in the world, and not only do i manage to fall behind in the one course i'm taking, i actually pull a GRACE... that is to say, i fail to hand something in that will make or break the course. why?? because...

I'M HORRIBLE!! I SUCK!! I'M HOPELESS!!

on that note, i think i'll email the course coordinator. (hopefully he'll have mercy on me like all the others before him.)

4 comments:

juice said...

i can see where you're coming from, with the why-am-i-like-this line of questioning.. but i don't think i'll go as far as to call myself horrible :D and i always hold on to a hope.. but what i admire is what you take to the next level, the art of getting away with things :D

perspectives minified in 2 weeks for me, just to see what the hype is about...

nice to see ya bloggin.

grace said...

getting away with things eh... i never thought to word it like that :P

let me know what u think of Perspectives after ur crash course.

so u have a blog too? goodness, i still i can't believe i didn't sign up for one of these things earlier... this whole blog idea is great! (i'm reminded of my grandpa who only discovered gel a coupla years back, hehe)

starvingartist said...

As they say... "we'll happily do the work we're putting off if there's a more important task we can put off by doing it."

By reducing your commitments to one course, you're actually removing your source of motivation. Instead of choosing to study so you can procrastinate from other more important commitments in life, the only way you can procrastinate now is to do nothing. =)

grace said...

hah... good one!! :)