Tuesday, October 31, 2006

CanIL chapel

은혜
today's chapel at ACTS was special... it was a CanIL one :) the Harvest Choir sang a medley in English, Gaddang (a Filipino dialect) and Korean, and we all dressed for the occasion. it was an honour for me to be able to wear the traditional Korean hanbok of a dear classmate of mine. with so much exposure to Korean friends, food, movies, songs, soap operas, CDs, language sessions, stories, prayers, scriptures, even homework, i feel like i am somewhat Korean already ;) what a blessing this culture has been to me here!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look great in Hanbok. With your name in Hangul above your picture, you look just like one of us.

Mere Rhetoric said...

I love watching kdramas! I just finished watching Sad Love Story (aka Sad Sonata aka Sad Love Song), and the word "Sad" in the title isn't there for nothing! Didn't meet all of the cliches like Stairway to Heaven (my fav) did.

Other good (and lighter) ones: My Name is Kim Sam Soon (aka My Lovely Kim Sam Soon), My Girl, Full House, Delightful Girl Choon Hwang, and Goong (aka Palace)

The hanbok is pretty...was it hard to put on?

grace said...

감사합니다!

--

j, you've seen so many already :P i'll keep them all in mind... right now i'm watching dae jang geum (aka jewel in the palace). it's more of a traditional drama but i'm really enjoying it.

the hanbok was a bit complicated, yes... i don't think i put it on quite right, but hopefully no one could tell ;)

Mere Rhetoric said...

That series was on fairchild around last christmas, and all of my parents, aunts and uncles were watching it... :P We then ate some holiday lunch at a korean restaurant with the same name (somewhere on Yonge street, north of Hwy 7) and it was pretty good!