Wednesday, April 26, 2006

i'm currently craving...

...tostitos. great stuff to munch on. i'm officially hooked. i recommend the hint of lime chips with the tomato salsa. the hint of jalapeno chips are also yummy... and they go better with the cheese dip. mmmmm.

you know what else is surprisingly yummy? peanut butter lindor. never even knew they existed til lynn gave me some. i was never a big peanut butter fan and i really hated it with chocolate (i.e. reese's pieces). but then a few years ago i found out a close friend of mine actually liked the combination. one time he chose it as an ice cream flavour, and i remember thinking to myself... if he liked it that much, then there must be something good about it! so from then on i made a conscious effort to be more open to the peanut butter-chocolate mix. and lo and behold, i now think it's... well, not bad :P i still don't love the stuff. but the peanut butter lindor tasted great.

on to other yummy news... my hebrew class had a "dessert night" and boy did i indulge! i was totally in the mood for dessert. everything tasted soooooooo good... mmmmm... and to top it all off, my prof made this swedish cake from scratch that was oh-so-yummy! i washed it down with some strong swedish coffee that kept me up til 5am. cuz yah... the coffee was supposed to help keep me up so i could finish my papers. anyway...

so my stereo's been set to classical 96.3 fm for the past coupla weeks. i've had such a hard time finishing my papers that i felt the need to listen to music without any words to distract me. personally, i think classical music is a great outlet. it covers a whole range of emotions... whether i'm feeling happy, sad, peaceful, angry, joyful, anxious, or anything (and everything) in between. very therapeutic. although... i must confess the underlying reason i haven't changed the station. shortly after i first tuned in to 96.3 fm, i heard tchaikovsky's piano concerto no. 1 (the first movement i think) and it totally fit my mood at the time. i LOVED it. and i wanted to hear it again. i mean, it's a pretty popular piece...... so guess what. i still haven't heard it a second time. i mean, i'm sure they must've played it... but i haven't been able to catch it. goodness, i think i've heard everything else at least twice. carmen, i probably heard a hundred times. they even played the E.T. theme. and i even heard some enya. gimme tchaikovsky's first piano concerto already! i refuse to change the station until i hear it again.

moving on... i was at tim horton's today when i noticed the price of their small iced cappuccino is now $2.02! goodness gracious. and... that's all i have to say about that.

one last thing. gmail displayed a quote by sam butler that goes something like "it's better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all"... taking the statement for what it is, i.e. without the fine print, i think it's absurd. just absolutely ridiculous. and... there's more i have to say about that, but i think i'll stop here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and here I was thinking that hint of lime was my own secret (and tasty) discovery...

grace said...

heehee... i can't even say i discovered it myself! my office manager brought a bag to work one day.

b.. wanna write one of my papers???

excellent post. i've never actually read tennyson's quotation in context of the poem... makes a lot more sense. i actually had a more superficial take on the butler rewording (though more or less along your line of reasoning). but anyway :P listen to dcb already!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee... woh brian quotes poetry. I can see why she likes him a whole lot now.

Anyhow... guess what i tried the other day? a regular coffee. hee hee... and yeah you've got a point about it.

let me know when you're free to chill. :D

grace said...

after my papers!!! (if you write one and brian writes one, that leaves me with only two...)

confession: i still order it double double sometimes ;)