Friday, April 21, 2006

messed-up-ness

my dad was telling me how someone asked him at work if he liked the LOTR musical.

he replied, "oh yah... gargamel was really good."

hehe... gargamel... heeheehehee!!!

---

here's an example of how keeping an agenda can backfire on you.

i had my hebrew exam yesterday. my mom normally uses the van so she was supposed to drop me off, but she wanted to study for her own exams so she told me to just drive to school myself. so i wanted to get there early, pick my seat, get a coffee, walk around, check out the bookstore, chat with some people... and then do my routine vocab cramming 30 minutes before the exam. i had just gotten my coffee and was trying to get settled in my seat when i realized that a LOT of people arrived early. it was only 1pm... the exam wasn't until 2pm. right?????

wrong... the exam was 1-4pm, not 2-5pm!! stupid agenda!! when the schedule changed, i had forgotten to update my planner. imagine if i had gotten to school "on time!" i woulda missed a whole hour of the exam. and getting there for 2pm was my plan all along, if it wasn't for my mom changing her mind and giving me the van to drive. man. so i was freaking out when i found out the exam was at 1pm. i wanted to leave the class to cram (cuz there was still a good 1/4 of the vocab i didn't know) and just write the exam 15 minutes late... but when i expressed my wish to do so, my prof wouldn't allow me to do it! i think this made me even more hysterical. of course i eventually calmed down... i was starting to freak out the people around me which i didn't wanna do, plus a part of me realized there wasn't much else i could do.

anyway, the exam turned out fine :)

4 comments:

juice said...

grace, you *love* your dad :) gargamel sounds familiar somewhere else, i can't pinpoint it tho...

and don't scare yourself with stuff like that exam next time ;) you'd be ok.. i didn't really take stock in exams and essays before anyway, hehe... but then i'd occasionally fail them too, go figure :)

grace said...

*gasp* you mean you weren't a fan of the smurfs back in the day??

hehe

lynnie said...

Isn't it great how God is always watching over us? I mean had He not been you definately would have ended up being late.

God work's in mysterious ways.

xoxoxo

juice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.