Thursday, November 11, 2004

reminiscences

i was cleaning up some files and folders, and i came across a wonderful collection of quotes and entries i actually bothered to save from my days on *ahem* aa (u know, back when everyone was on it :P). i'm so glad they've resurfaced cuz some of them are quite inspiring... i'll post them here, i think... starting with this one:

If you keep a journal or a diary like I do, it’s always interesting (or amusing, or humbling, or embarrassing, or fulfilling, or even painful) to go weeks, months, or even years back and see your journey unfold in your own words. The worst thing you can do is deny the reality of any moments that you’ve recorded. The best thing you can do is to acknowledge them all as learning experiences and to accept that they’ve all had a part in molding you into the person you are today. True, I can’t change things that have happened… but if there’s anything that the past year has taught me, it’s that I can change the course of events in my life if I’m only willing enough to do so. Every day that God blesses us with also comes with many chances for us to do something that will make a difference in our life or someone else’s. Despite the many storms in my life that have made me want to give up time and time again, God never fails to throw me a lifeline… a beam of hope that pierces the darkest of clouds and reassures me that the sun will shine again in my life. And it has. It is :)

No comments: