Wednesday, October 19, 2005

resistance

so my prof tells me that i don't smile enough... that i look too serious in class.

i dunno what to do now. concentrate less? smile more??

---

time and i... we've been enemies for as long as i can remember. i don't like time and time doesn't like me. i don't submit to time and time doesn't submit to me. time always screws me over and i always try to screw time over but it never works. right now, time and i are battling head to head...

people tell me all time (hah! time!) not to fight with time but to work with time. my response? tell that to time! why can't time work with me? why must time resist me all the-- ah, i won't say it!

---

my current perspective on women of strength is this: any woman can muster up the strength and courage to defy, but it takes a special woman to submit. (notice i purposely didn't specify a direct object... ) not everyone will see it this way, but i believe that submission is not a sign of weakness; instead, it is an indication of true strength... one that doesn't mask pride, but obedience.

i admire these truly strong women. i dunno how they do it.

---

for when i am weak, then i am strong. for when i am weak, then i am strong.


His grace is sufficient. His grace is sufficient. His grace is sufficient.

3 comments:

juice said...

hahaha, love the 'smile' comment... did you tell the prof you were perplexed(??) by their question? i don't even know if you would have cracked a smile when they said that.. (yes, i'm being very gender neutral on my assumptions)

and i think you should be a comic with the 'time' piece (hah, i can be much more lame than you :))

and i'm not gonna comment on submissive women, to whatever or whoever.. the notion of submissive men might be met with images of being 'whipped' or 'weak' in today's society, but that is not necessarily the case.. what do i know tho? it's not like i have a problem with authority, i just never believe that anyone really owns any :D (my delusions)

grace said...

love the quote, B.

actually, i was cracking up in front of my prof when she made that observation...

re: never believing that anyone owns any authority -- in denial, pleading ignorance, are you? but what do i know... haha

juice said...

no, coz anyone who thinks that they have authority, i challenge ;)